100 People Who Care Thunder Bayan aspect of the Chamber's Charity Connect program
At our final quarterly funding round-up of 2019, held during the Chamber’s Open House at our new office, we tallied the votes and awarded this quarter’s funds to the Precious Bundles Clothing Assistance program, nominated by Emily Shandruk. We recently had a chance to present them with the Big Cheque for $2,600 and hear how they’ll use the money!
Be part of a group with a goal of raising $10,000 for a grassroots Thunder Bay charity/program every quarter.
- Make an immediate, direct and positive impact on the lives of our neighbours.
- 100% of your donations to go directly to programming costs for a local charity-run organization.
- Connect with and learn more about worthy community service programs and organizations servicing Thunder Bay.
How does it work?
- Participants commit to donating $100 every quarter – approximately every three months. Donations are made by e-transfer.
- Your donation entitles you to nominate a charity and to vote for your favourite.
- Nominations are made in the TBay 100 People Facebook Group. Join the discussion now!
- Optional one-hour events every three months let you connect with other participants while we catch up with the last quarter’s charity, finalize voting and announce the next recipient.
- OR tune in via Facebook Live!
- Nominations will open a week ahead of the meeting. You must have completed your e-transfer to make a nomination.
- Nominations will close two days before the meeting.
- Voting will open the day before the meeting. You’ll receive your voting link by email with a link to nominee information.
- Voting will close during the meeting, but you’re welcome to vote early online.
- Any participant may make their donation and then nominate a charity/program for consideration.
- 100% of funds collected will go towards costs of the program, no administrative fees.
- Members who did not vote for the selected organization agree to make their donation regardless. Members can, of course, feel free to donate their money or time privately to the other charities if they wish.
- Members will receive a tax receipt directly from the charity.
- Charities under consideration must:
- be Members of the Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce
- serve the Thunder Bay area, and
- provide individual tax receipts directly to contributing members.
- A charity not selected at one meeting may be submitted again at a subsequent meeting.
- The recipient charity must agree not to give out member information to any third parties except for tax purposes.
- The recipient charity agrees to send a representative to the following quarter’s event to report on outcomes of the donation.