Call for Participation: Tourism Investment Committee
Are you interested in helping to steer the development of Thunder Bay’s tourism industry?
The Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce is responsible for presenting one Member to the City of Thunder Bay’s Tourism Investment Committee and is seeking a Chamber Member in good standing to fill this position.
To apply, submit your submit your resume & cover letter by Wednesday November 25 as per the details below.
Nomination Process – Chamber Candidate
Scope of Appointment
As identified in the CEDC TIC Terms of Reference:
“The primary purpose of the Tourism Investment Committee (TIC) is to strategically advise Tourism Thunder Bay, the tourism function of the Thunder Bay Economic Development Commission (CEDC), in the development and on-going implementation of tourism marketing, communications and product development investment strategies that will be supported by the Municipal Accommodation Tax (to be referred to as the CEDC MAT) that has been assigned to the CEDC by the City of Thunder Bay.”
The voting membership of the TIC includes: “One (1) member of the Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce representing the retail, culinary, tourism or related entity.”
The term of the appointment is two-years. Committee members may serve two consecutive terms.
Committee members are bound by the TIC Terms of Reference. The Chamber appointee is understood not to represent the voice or opinions of the Chamber but rather its values and objectives. Businesses are indeed stronger together and Chamber members apply this value to the various tasks placed before them while on the TIC. The Chamber appointee may act as a bridge between the TIC and the Chamber on matters of emerging business, upcoming events and unique opportunities.
Notification of Member Opportunity
Upon notification of the pending expiry of the term of the Chamber appointee, the Chamber will issue a call for appointee applications from the Membership.
Applicant criteria and submission process:
- Be a member in good standing of the Chamber representing a retail, culinary, tourism or related entity.
- Provide a resume
- Provide a cover letter that highlights the following:
- interest in and experience for the position;
- how will you represent the Chamber mission and values through this role;
- travel experiences that will contribute to discussion of tourism marketing, communications and product development strategies of the TIC.
- Preference will be given to applicants that are engaged in Chamber activities through participation in events, committees/taskforces, and/or are a past Chamber Board Director.
- Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, November 25, 2020.
Applicants will be analyzed against the criteria by the Nominating Committee and the recommended candidate name will be provided to the Board for approval.
View News by Topic
The Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce is a signatory of the Thunder Bay Anti-Racism and Inclusion Accord and is committed to helping businesses respond to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada’s Call to Action #92.
We are proud to partner with First Nations University of Canada to provide you with access to 4 Seasons of Reconciliation Indigenous Awareness Training, a unique 3-hour online course which promotes a renewed relationship between Indigenous Peoples and Canadians through transformative learning about truth and reconciliation.