Notice to Members: Slate Approved for Board Election
In accordance with Section 4:17 of the By-Laws of the Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce, the Board of Directors has approved the following slate of nominees to fill (4) four positions open for the 2020-2023 term.
- Andrew Bishop – Resolute Forest Products
- Christine Costa-Wilson – Lakehead University Conference Services
- Andrew Dean – Lakehead University
- Jen Duggan – ITEC 2000 Equipment Inc
- Nadine Kelly – Breakfast Lunch & Deener
- Bryan Wilson – Impala Canada Lac des Iles Mine
The general membership may exercise their option to nominate additional members who would then stand for election against the above listed individuals for one of the four positions.
Additional nominations, which must be consented to in writing, with 10 signatures of ten other members in good standing. Nominations must be received in the Chamber office by Monday, August 31, 2020. Please contact the Chamber office for an official nomination form for signatures.
If you have any questions, please call the Chamber office at 624-2626.
* * * *
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A DIRECTOR
- A Board Director must be willing to assume an active, enthusiastic and positive attitude towards the principles and program of the Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce.
- A Board Director will actively represent and promote the Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce and our community in all areas of business and service as directed by the Chamber’s Mission Statement.
- A Board Director must attend the monthly Board of Directors meetings held on the second Tuesday of each month (excluding July and August).
View News by Topic
Effective September 25, 2021, at 12:01 a.m., capacity limits will be increased in many of the indoor settings where proof of vaccination is required. Meeting and event spaces, such as banquet halls and conference/convention centres; sporting events; concerts, theatres...
Celine Natalie is a kinesiology student – but she had a realization that the possibilities of her program go far beyond sports-related subject matter. Mark Mosley, a respiratory technician at Medical Diagnostics and Consulting, had a history of great co-ops with kinesiology students, and Celine was no exception!
Today the government released the regulations and guidance for businesses and organizations to support them in implementing proof of vaccination requirements, which take effect on September 22, 2021. Requiring proof of vaccination will help increase vaccination rates,...
Check your inboxes! E-ballots will be sent to the designated voting rep for each of our Member organizations on Wednesday, September 15th. You'll have until September 30th to make your decision and follow your voting link to cast your ballot. Didn't receive yours? ...