Shop-Local Case Study:TBayTel
Tbaytel was one of our September case studies for the Shop Local Money-Back Guarantee. We really liked this example because the numbers are just plain BIG.
Our local resource-based and manufacturing industries have historically been looked at as the major sources of employment in the area, but companies like TBayTel challenge that assumption. And although you can’t single-handedly change the world to create demand for pulp and paper or train cars, you can definitely #ChooseTBayFirst when you’re making buying decisions about phone and mobile service, TV, internet and all the awesome toys that go with.
#ChooseTBayFirst by shopping with a TBay business like Tbaytel, and your dollars come back to you through…
- Taxes paid by their 430 employees who own or rent homes, drive or bus to work, and who themselves support local businesses.
- $542,000 in support to local charities and organizations that provide services that make our community a better place to live.
- Dollars invested in other local businesses and back into the economy.
- Improvements in TBayTel’s infrastructure that extend cell and internet service and bring new technology into the community.
- A $17.25 MILLION DOLLAR dividend paid to the City of Thunder Bay. Yep, you read that right. Seventeen million. Divided by all the taxpaying households in Thunder Bay, that’s over $350 a year in taxes that the average family doesn’t have to pay because of a TBay business.
Learn more about the amazing people and businesses among our Members:
Support community good works with the Charity Connect program. Learn more.
Participants in the 100 People Who Care campaign donate, nominate and vote for their favourite Member charity to receive a quarterly group donation. Sign up.
Upcoming Chamber Events
Today the government released the regulations and guidance for businesses and organizations to support them in implementing proof of vaccination requirements, which take effect on September 22, 2021. Requiring proof of vaccination will help increase vaccination rates,...
Check your inboxes! E-ballots will be sent to the designated voting rep for each of our Member organizations on Wednesday, September 15th. You'll have until September 30th to make your decision and follow your voting link to cast your ballot. Didn't receive yours? ...
We’re very pleased to be working once again in partnership with the Anishnawbe Business Professional Association and media partner NetNewsledger.com to host a Candidates’ Forum on business and social issues for Thunder Bay Superior North and Thunder Bay Rainy River Districts.
Due to the ongoing public health concerns, this year’s debate will be not be open to to the public, but will be shared on our channels September 9th & 10th at 5pm.
The COVID-19 Worker Income Protection Benefit paid infectious disease emergency leave was originally set to end September 25, 2021. It will now continue until December 31, 2021. The COVID-19 Worker Income Protection Benefit (WIPB) includes: • up to three days of paid...
The Government of Ontario, in consultation with the Chief Medical Officer of Health, will require people to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of their vaccination status to access certain businesses and settings starting September 22, 2021. As of September 22,...