Ribbon Cutting Ceremony Kit
January 17, 2012 @ 12noon
Chair: Tony Wood
Ambassadors are highly visible, prestigious volunteers who serve as the Chamber’s primary liaison to new Chamber members. Considered the goodwill arm of the Chamber, the Ambassador committee plays an essential role in member recruitment, communication and retention, and each Ambassador is charged with conveying member needs, questions and concerns to Chamber staff, keeping our Chamber in line with our members’ desires.
Upon their appointment, each Ambassador makes a commitment to build lasting relationships with the membership, particularly new Chamber members, in order to build a loyal, committed membership base that will continue to support, participate and invest in the Chamber. The Ambassadors serve to create and administer an integrated awareness of and involvement in the Thunder Bay Chamber and strives to assist in fulfilling the Chamber’s mission “To serve the membership by providing leadership and influencing effective change for a healthy business environment”.
The official representatives for the Chamber of Commerce providing support at Chamber functions as “meeters and greeters”
Develop and implement programs that will encourage members to become actively involved with the Chamber.
- Attend Ambassadors committee meetings when scheduled.
- Learn about the organization, operation and activities of the Chamber and the Membership Marketing Committee.
- Make both members and non-members feel welcome and comfortable at Chamber events. Look for attendees who look lost, shy, ill-at-ease or alone at functions and make them feel welcome.
- Ambassadors are encouraged to be friendly, approachable.
- Participate in the “After Business” event welcoming newcomers, promoting your business and promoting Chamber membership with guests at the event.
- Provide assistance to the Chamber’s Show Manager and provide relief duty for show exhibitors to cover meals and rest breaks. These services are required for the Trade Show, Wedding Wishes, Health and Wellness Show and Outdoor Show
- Assist with the New Members Orientation.
- Ambassadors orange tags with “Ambassadors” printed on it. When wearing these tags at a function it is understood that we are “on duty”. That means we assist people to find places, answer questions and make them feel comfortable. You may be asked about the following…
- Organization of the Chamber
- Names of Board of Directors and Executive
- Names of committees within the Chamber
- Goals and objectives of the Chamber
- Cost and benefits of membership
- Reasons why people and firms join the Chamber
Dates and details of upcoming events
- Avoid the temptation to talk with other Ambassadors only. (This one is not easy)
Promote your company’s products and services and encourage others to do so too.
It is not possible or expected that you remember all this, but it is important you know where to find it.