The Ontario government is reducing the list of businesses classified as essential and ordering more workplaces to close. The government is ordering all businesses not covered by the updated Emergency Order to close effective as of Saturday, April 4, 2020 at 11:59 p.m....
TBay 100 People Who Care - March (First Quarter) EventWednesday, March 18 | 5:00 - 6:00pm
Wed, Mar 18, 20120
Voting closes at 5pm.
Our first-quarter TBay 100 People Who Care event will wrap up on Wednesday March 18 during the Chamber’s After Business with CIBC. If you haven’t yet registered with the 100 People program, please visit the form on the program page here to submit your contact information and make your first contribution.
- Nominations open Wednesday March 11. Our registered donors will receive an email notification to send in their quarterly donations and join us in the Facebook Group for the nomination discussion. You must have made your quarterly contribution to be eligible to nominate.
- Nominations close Monday March 16 at 5pm.
- Voting opens Tuesday March 17. You’ll receive a voting link by email to submit your vote. You must have made your quarterly contribution to be eligible to vote.
- Voting closes Wednesday, March 18. Join us on Facebook for Live coverage or at the Chamber’s After Business with CIBC for the funding announcement at about 6pm.
TBay 100 People Who Care is part of the Chamber’s Charity Connect program.
Upcoming Chamber Events
Latest News at the Chamber
Here are the details currently available on the federal emergency wage subsidy: – 75% of annual earnings up to $58,700 or $847 per week – Available to businesses, NFPs & charities that have lost 30% or more in revenues compared to same month in 2019
Below you'll find information on the supports created by the Federal government to help business through the COVID-19 crisis. For more information on these supports, visit https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/economic-response-plan.html#businesses.Federal...
The City of Thunder Bay approved a number of new measures to assist businesses during this pandemic
Ontario’s Action Plan: Responding to COVID‑19 outlines the first steps in the Province’s plan to tackle the COVID‑19 outbreak. The action plan will provide $3.3 billion in additional health care resources, $3.7 billion to support people and jobs, and measures that...
- The Province of Ontario has announced the introduction of reduced energy rates for the next 6 weeks. Learn more here. - The Province will be providing a fiscal update tomorrow. - City Council met last night and agreed to discuss supports the City may consider for...