Date & Time
to be held Virtually in respect of current COVID-19 safety measures
Tuesday, October 13 through November 2
Daily releases at 10:30
Due to COVID-19 social distancing requirements, the 2020 Business Excellence Awards are being announced online!
Nominees will be announced daily at 10:30am, weekdays from September 14 – September 29.
Starting October 13, we’ll be announcing a new Award winner every weekday until November 2.
Check back here or follow us on our social media streams @tbchamber to stay abreast of the latest news about nominees and winners.
2020 Award Nominees
Customer Service: Announced September 18
New Business Excellence: Announced September 17
Business Excellence – Large: Announced September 16
Business Excellence – Medium: Announced September 15
Business Excellence – Small: Announced September 14
- A-1 Sewage Services (1989) Ltd.
- Destination Thunder Bay
Award sponsored by Fort William Historical Park
New Business Excellence
- Bay Village Coffee
- Kelly Mental Health
- Prime Gelato
- Seek Adventures & Tours
Award sponsored by Nuclear Waste Management Organization.
Business Excellence – Large
- Halfway Motors
- ITEC 2000
- Newmont Goldcorp
- Royal LePage Lannon Realty
Award sponsored by BDO Canada LLP
Business Excellence – Medium
- Acadia Broadcasting
- Daytona’s Kitchen + Creative Catering
- REP Security
Award sponsored by Weiler, Maloney, Nelson
Business Excellence – Small
- Dawson Trail Craft Brewery Inc.
- Open Mind Interiors
- The Whole Nine Yards
Award sponsored by Thunder Bay Community Economic Commission
Business Excellence Criteria: Our three Business Excellence Awards are presented to companies that exhibit true business excellence. These companies have advanced in economic and/or financial growth through sales/earnings and financial management. They excel in quality customer/client service, are leaders in employment creation, diversity and inclusion, and seek to continuously improve employee relations and are prominently involved in community affairs. * Must have been in business for more than 4 years.
Nomination and Judging Process
- An organization can be nominated by anyone (nomination link on web page)
- The Chamber office receives the nomination and ensures the nominee qualifies (ie. for that particular category, are a Chamber member in good standing etc.)
- The nominee is notified of their nomination and they can either decline or accept. If the nominee accepts they then are asked to complete the submission form by the deadline.
- Once all the submissions are collected they are collated and put together for a package for our judges:
- The judges are a cross section of our membership
- The judges each rate submissions based on the rubric in the questionnaire, coming up with an overall score for each nominee
- These totals are tallied then given to an auditor who double checks all the numbers and determines the winners in each category
- The winners are kept secret and revealed at Awards Gala