Good News of the MonthAugust 2019
Check out the good news we collected about our Members during the month of August!
Subscribe to our weekly eNews here and enjoy the Good News segment once a month.
- A joint partnership between The District of Thunder Bay Social Services Administration Board, St. Joseph’s Foundation of Thunder Bay, St. Joseph’s Care Group, Dilico Anishinabek Family Care and Alpha Court plans to build 30 new transitional beds at a facility currently being renovated. The Lodge on Dawson transitional housing will provide services to people living with addictions and mental health challenges and struggling with chronic homelessness to make positive change in a supported environment. The project has been made possible, in part, through Home for Good one-time funding from the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing to The District of Thunder Bay Social Services Administration Board. (more..)
- Congratulations to Marostica Subaru on their grand opening, held on July 31 at their new Harbour Expressway location. (more..)
- Outland Youth Employment Program, a collaborative project between industry, the province, and Confederation College and Lakehead University, was launched on July 31 and has run through August. It has supported the educational and employment goals of over 500 Indigenous youth in Ontario. Learn more. (more..)
- The Thunder Bay Police Services Board has appointed Ryan Hughes Deputy Chief of Police. (more..)
- Intrideo has been approved as an allied vendor within the California Restaurant Association, which represents over 90,000 restaurants across California. CEO of Intrideo, Andrew Calderon, credits their success to the combination of private and public support: “Thunder Bay is being put on the tech map because of the support of private local investors combined with public investment and guidance. The Federal government has been incredibly supportive- the Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Labour, the Honourable Patty Hajdu even kicked off our annual conference last August. We know that for smaller Canadian communities to survive in the global economy they are going to have to look at new industries – such as technology to succeed.” (more..)
- Anishinabek Employment and Training Services (AETS) celebrated the announcement of about $16.9 million in federal funding over 10 years for education, training and other relevant services in Thunder Bay. (more..)
- The United Way of Thunder Bay has announced the appointment of Albert Brulé as its new Chief Executive Officer. After a nation-wide search, the board of directors selected Albert Brulé to assume the community leadership role, effective September 3, 2019. (more..)
- Eat Local Pizza has announced the release of a new line of frozen pizzas. (more..)
- Congratulations to Toodaloo Pest Control on the Grand Opening of their new storefront at 731 Harold Cresc, Unit #2. They now offer cash & carry pest control products, as well as their pest control services.
- The CEDC has announced the launch of two new funding programs to support tourism industry grown through the CEDC share of the Municipal Acoommodation Tax (MAT) (more..)
- Treasury Metals was granted a Federal Government Environmental Assessment Approval for their Goliath Gold project. (more..)
- This month the Canadian Mining Journal released its Top 40 Canadian Mining Companies – and North American Palladium made the list with some very impressive placements! In summary, NAP ranked:
- 36th for Top Canadian Mining Company by gross revenue
- 2nd for revenue as a percent of assets
- 6th for largest revenue gains y/y
- 5th for largest earning gains y/y
- 5th for asset changes y/y
- 5th for net earnings as a percent of revenue
Filter News by Topic
Want to be featured in our Good News?
Submit Good News about your business’ activities to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll include it in our next update!
This feature is available to Chamber Members only.
Upcoming Chamber Events
Leaders Luncheon: City Hall Edition
Airlane Hotel & Conference Centre
100 People Who Care – 2020 First Quarter Meeting
during our March After Business at CIBC
After Business @ CIBC
CIBC – 2 Cumberland St. South
2020 Business Awards Gala
Valhalla Inn Hotel
Leadercast Thunder Bay 2020: Positive Disruption
DaVinci Centre, Marco Polo Room