Under instructions issued by the Medical Officer of Health, all businesses and organizations in the Thunder Bay District Health Unit area must adopt a policy that requires all members of the public and employees who enter or remain in an enclosed public space to wear a mask or face covering. This policy will be effective Friday, July 24, 2020 at 12:01 am.
In a Nutshell, Employers Must:
- post signage at all public entrances requiring face masks. Download print-ready posters from the Health Unit website now.
- provide hand sanitizer at all entrances to the business (staff accesses as well.) Visit our PPE Suppliers category to find a Member who can supply you.
- adopt a policy which:
- exempts from the mask requirement any kids under 2 and certain kids under 5, people who can’t use masks for health or mobility reasons, and people already safely behind plexiglass barriers
- requires employees not behind barriers to wear masks
- requires employees to remind customers about the mask requirement if they are not wearing one or remove their mask inappropriately
- permits the temporary removal of masks for exercise, eating & drinking, receiving services to the face, or to receive medical care.
- train and empower staff to follow the mask policy they’ve adopted.