Job Posting: Member Relations Assistant (Internship)
The Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce is hiring a Member Relations Assistant for a one-year internship. The Member Relations Assistant works collaboratively with key staff to organize administer and evaluate member recruitment, engagement and empowerment activities provided by the Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Assist with membership recruitment & retention activities, upgrades, and advertising sales
- Coordinate ‘Your Quarterly Training’ member orientation sessions
- Assist in the delivery of member events including After Business, Member Socials and Leaders Luncheons.
- Coordinate Ambassador Taskforce communication and activities including business visits and member drop-in opportunities
- Oversee Member to Member discount program
- Distribute member renewal billings and provide support for collections and cancellations as required
- Attend chamber special events and other external meetings as determined by the President
- Assist with member communications items as required including website updates and social media
- Coordinate Canadian Chamber Annual Meeting spousal tour programming, member discounts, and welcome giftbags
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experienced with cold calling to prospects
- Excellent organizational skills
- Focused and goal oriented
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite -Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook, WordPress
- Experience with video creation and video production software preferred
- Ability to speak French an asset
- Degree/Diploma or commensurate experience in Sales & Marketing, Business Administration, or related field
- Valid driver’s license and use of reliable personal vehicle
The ideal candidate will possess excellent organizational skills, be focused and goal oriented with strong communication & interpersonal skills. Experience in video creation is an asset. Candidate must be a university or college graduate who has graduated within the last 3 years from an accredited college/university from a post-secondary degree or diploma program. The position will be a first full-time employment in the candidate’s field of study.
Applications will be accepted until 4pm on Monday, July 23, 2018. Please email cover letter and resume to Charla Robinson, President, firstname.lastname@example.org Complete job description at www.tbchamber.ca
Filter News by Topic
View News by Topic
Canadians all want to return to a semblance of normal as quickly as possible, and for many, that includes going back to the office. The nature of work has changed significantly in the last 18 months however, and our workplaces need to adapt quickly. The Canadian...
2.4 Million free rapid tests kits helping small business stay open and keep employees and their families safe through the help of local chambers of commerce and boards of trade
Based on the provincewide vaccination rate and continuing improvements in key public health and health system indicators, the Ontario government, in consultation with the Chief Medical Officer of Health, will move the province into Step One of its Roadmap to Reopen at...