Job Posting: Member Relations Assistant (Internship)
The Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce is hiring a Member Relations Assistant for a one-year internship. The Member Relations Assistant works collaboratively with key staff to organize administer and evaluate member recruitment, engagement and empowerment activities provided by the Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Assist with membership recruitment & retention activities, upgrades, and advertising sales
- Coordinate ‘Your Quarterly Training’ member orientation sessions
- Assist in the delivery of member events including After Business, Member Socials and Leaders Luncheons.
- Coordinate Ambassador Taskforce communication and activities including business visits and member drop-in opportunities
- Oversee Member to Member discount program
- Distribute member renewal billings and provide support for collections and cancellations as required
- Attend chamber special events and other external meetings as determined by the President
- Assist with member communications items as required including website updates and social media
- Coordinate Canadian Chamber Annual Meeting spousal tour programming, member discounts, and welcome giftbags
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experienced with cold calling to prospects
- Excellent organizational skills
- Focused and goal oriented
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite -Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook, WordPress
- Experience with video creation and video production software preferred
- Ability to speak French an asset
- Degree/Diploma or commensurate experience in Sales & Marketing, Business Administration, or related field
- Valid driver’s license and use of reliable personal vehicle
The ideal candidate will possess excellent organizational skills, be focused and goal oriented with strong communication & interpersonal skills. Experience in video creation is an asset. Candidate must be a university or college graduate who has graduated within the last 3 years from an accredited college/university from a post-secondary degree or diploma program. The position will be a first full-time employment in the candidate’s field of study.
Applications will be accepted until 4pm on Monday, July 23, 2018. Please email cover letter and resume to Charla Robinson, President, email@example.com Complete job description at www.tbchamber.ca
Filter News by Topic
View News by Topic
Today the government released the regulations and guidance for businesses and organizations to support them in implementing proof of vaccination requirements, which take effect on September 22, 2021. Requiring proof of vaccination will help increase vaccination rates,...
Check your inboxes! E-ballots will be sent to the designated voting rep for each of our Member organizations on Wednesday, September 15th. You'll have until September 30th to make your decision and follow your voting link to cast your ballot. Didn't receive yours? ...
We’re very pleased to be working once again in partnership with the Anishnawbe Business Professional Association and media partner NetNewsledger.com to host a Candidates’ Forum on business and social issues for Thunder Bay Superior North and Thunder Bay Rainy River Districts.
Due to the ongoing public health concerns, this year’s debate will be not be open to to the public, but will be shared on our channels September 9th & 10th at 5pm.
The COVID-19 Worker Income Protection Benefit paid infectious disease emergency leave was originally set to end September 25, 2021. It will now continue until December 31, 2021. The COVID-19 Worker Income Protection Benefit (WIPB) includes: • up to three days of paid...