Resources for Members
Administration & Governance
Resources Related to Apprenticeships and Skills Development
Resources Related to Designated Truck Route issue
Resources Related to Ontario’s Proposed Fair Workplaces & Better Jobs Plan
- May 30, 2017 ON Government Announcement
- May 30, 2017 ON Government Backgrounder
- June 17, 2017 Our letter to MPPs Hon. Michael Gravelle and Hon. Bill Mauro
- July 4, 2017 Info Session with Warren Mouck of Cheadles LLP (FB Live video)
- July 10, 2017 Thunder Bay Chamber’s Presentation to Standing Committee on Fair Workplaces and Better Jobs (FB Live video)
- August 14, 2017 Economic analysis report, “Measuring the Potential Economic Impacts of the Fair Workplaces, Better Jobs Act, 2017: A risk assessment for Ontarians”
- August 14, 2017 Report Methodology
- September 27, 2017: Final economic analysis by CANCEA
- September 27, 2017: Report: The Flip Side of Fair
- Visit the issue page for current news.
Resources Related to Value-Added Procurement
- Doing Business with the City of Thunder Bay
- Doing Business with the Province of Ontario
- Doing Business with the Government of Canada
- Emerging Stronger 2015: Ontario’s Path from Recovery to Growth
- Spend Smarter, Not More: Leveraging the Power of Public Procurement
- Best Value for Transportation and Transit Procurement
- Visit the issue page for the most recent news.
Resources Related to Corporate Tax Issue
- Issue Primer: Overview of Proposed Changes (PDF)
How will this affect your business?
developed by Grant Thornton
- Policy Brief (PDF)
Understanding the Chamber network's activities
developed by the Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- September 25, 2017: Resolution "Stop the Harmful Tax Changes on Private Corporations"
passed at AGM of Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- September 26, 2017: Letter to Finance Minister Morneau
sent by the Coalition for Small Business Tax Fairness representing more than 70 organizations across Canada
- September 29, 2017: Letter to Finance Minister Morneau
sent by the Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce on behalf of our Members
Grab a coffee and some team-members and take a learning break! Each of these 70 videos is under 15 minutes long and designed to start or advance your business’ online marketing efforts. Members enjoy free access to the entire series and can watch them any time, as often as they like. Learn more.
Chamber Member businesses receive exclusive rates from our Affinity Program partners on group insurance, merchant services, telecommunications, shipping and fuel. Whether you’re self-employed or a large employer, these can add up to significant savings on your bottom line. See how you can save.
Pick up new skills, new information and new ideas through these workshop sessions designed to empower you with tools for growth at work and at home. Learn more about these events.
Chamber Members enjoy access to an amazing catalogue of affordable online learning courses and seminars for themselves and their employees through Chamber eLearning. Whether you’re looking to develop skills you need in the running of your own business or support good employees who need additional skills to meet current job demands, these are a great way to help you save time, money, or gain a competitive edge. View the course catalogue here.