Resources for Members
Administration & Governance
Resources Related to Municipal Finances
- Thunder Bay Ventures' 2018 Economic Activity Index Report
- Slide Presentation: 2018 Economic Activity Index Report
- 2018 Pre-budget deputation
- City of Thunder Bay Website: Budget Information
- 2016 Pre-budget deputation
- 2015 Pre-budget deputation to City Council
- An Analysis and Forecast of the City of Thunder Bay Municipal Finances (2014)
Resources Related to Designated Truck Route issue
Resources Related to Apprenticeships and Skills Development
Resources Related to Value-Added Procurement
- Doing Business with the City of Thunder Bay
- Doing Business with the Province of Ontario
- Doing Business with the Government of Canada
- Emerging Stronger 2015: Ontario’s Path from Recovery to Growth
- Spend Smarter, Not More: Leveraging the Power of Public Procurement
- Best Value for Transportation and Transit Procurement
- Visit the issue page for the most recent news.
Resources Related to Corporate Tax Issue:
- Consultation Documents supplied by Finance Canada
- Policy Brief prepared by Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- Letter Template - personalize and send to your MP
- Letter Sent to Finance Minister Morneau by the Canadian Chamber & partners
- Policy Primer - Understand the Changes - supplied by Grant Thornton
- Resolution passed by Canadian Chamber: “Stop the Harmful Tax Changes on Private Corporations”
- Sign the e-Petition to Minister of Finance Hon. Bill Morneau and 4 others
- Private company tax proposals: What’s the status? - Brief on October 16 revisions, supplied by Grant Thornton
- Revised proposals to limit income sprinkling - Brief on December 13 revisions, supplied by Grant Thornton
Grab a coffee and some team-members and take a learning break! Each of these 70 videos is under 15 minutes long and designed to start or advance your business' online marketing efforts. Members enjoy free access to the entire series and can watch them any time, as often as they like. Learn more.
Are you starting or growing a business in Thunder Bay? The Small Business Resource Guide website has been developed by the Small Business Development Committee to assist Chamber members with information and resources that they may find useful in starting and managing their business. Click here to visit.
BizPaL helps you generate a personalized list of the business documents you need for the levels of government – local, provincial/territorial, and federal – you may have to deal with in order to grow or start up your business. And if you are already operating, BizPaL can help you verify that you have all the correct permits and licences. Launch BizPaL
Climate Smart Video Webinar
The Climate Smart Chambers program helps provide businesses with tools and training on how to measure and reduce greenhouse gas emissions in a cost effective manner. Learn about the program in this 15-minute condensed version of their webinar. The video lays out the business case for reducing emissions, particularly as national carbon pricing is implemented, and goes through a number of real life stories of SMEs that have created a competitive advantage by reducing emissions.
Chamber Member businesses receive exclusive rates from our Affinity Program partners on group insurance, merchant services, telecommunications, shipping and fuel. Whether you’re self-employed or a large employer, these can add up to significant savings on your bottom line. See how you can save.
eBook: Small Business Marketing On a Budget
Made available to our Members with the generous permission of the author, Melissa Forziat, Small Business Marketing on a Budget distills key lessons of marketing with actionable next steps so that you can apply them to your own business. Different sections will be relevant to different businesses, but the ideas provided here have the capacity to bring in tens of thousands of dollars of income.
Chamber Members enjoy access to an amazing catalogue of affordable online learning courses and seminars for themselves and their employees through Chamber eLearning. Whether you’re looking to develop skills you need in the running of your own business or support good employees who need additional skills to meet current job demands, these are a great way to help you save time, money, or gain a competitive edge. View the course catalogue here.
The Chamber's Economic Development Fund is one of the ways our Membership is able to support initiatives that support the growth or strengthening of the city’s economy.
Press Release: Thunder Bay Chamber Policies Supported, Municipal Advocacy Recognized At Ontario Chamber Of Commerce Conference
Representatives of the Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce have just returned from a successful meeting of the Ontario Chamber of Commerce (OCC) in Muskoka Lakes. The two-day conference included presentations by the Premier and the Leaders of the three Opposition Parties as well as discussion and debate on a broad range of provincial issues that are impacting businesses including infrastructure, competitiveness, and the growing skills shortage.read more
Employers across Ontario, but particularly in small cities of under 200,000 population and rural areas, are experiencing a shortage of qualified employees and a shrinking labour market. This challenge will continue to grow as existing workers retire. Read the resolution presented by the Thunder Bay Chamber at the 2019 AGM of the Ontario Chamber of Commerce here.read more
Species at risk policy continues to threaten the social, environmental, and economic sustainability of northern and rural communities. A long-term and workable solution is needed to truly open Ontario for business. Read the resolution presented by the Thunder Bay Chamber at the 2019 AGM of the Ontario Chamber of Commerce here.read more
Charla shares about some of the activities and conversations that took place at Queen’s Park last week as part of the Ontario Chamber Network’s Advocacy Day.read more
Canada’s weather patterns are evolving, and severe weather is occurring more frequently. The Insurance Bureau of Canada has released a free diagnostic tool to help Canadian businesses be prepared for the worst.read more
This week, the Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce and Ontario Chamber of Commerce (OCC) released their third annual Ontario Economic Report (OER). Through the Business Confidence Survey, the Business Prosperity Index, and the Economic Outlook, this report presents a candid look at private sector sentiment and opportunities for economic growth for the year ahead.read more
New resources from the Canadian Chamber of Commerce have been added to our resource archive for Workplace Mental Health.read more
Wondering what your Chamber had to say on your behalf about the City’s proposed 2019 budget? The full text of our deputation is here, along with links to the City’s budget information.read more
The Chamber of Commerce supports local cannabis retail opportunities. Read our letter to Council here.read more