Events & Engagement Intern
The Events & Engagement Coordinator is a one-year, full-time position that works closely with the Member Relations Director, Policy & Communications Cross-Pollinator, and Accounts Coordinator and is instrumental in the delivery of events and activities that create engagement opportunities for our Members.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Planning, logistics coordination, promotion and execution of events (virtual and in-person)
- Work with Communications Coordinator on event promotion, programs and signage
- Work with Accounts Administrator to manage event budgets
- Work with Member Relations Director to secure event sponsorships
- Maintain data management system
- Member records, registrations, billing and payments
- Implementation of communication touchpoints for new Members
- Facilitate relationship development between charities and businesses
- conducting regular outreach to Member charities to collect information about their upcoming activities and requirements
- conducting targeted outreach to member business to increase awareness of opportunities to support charities and engage in community good works
- Coordinating the Chamber’s 100 People Who Care campaign
- Other duties as required
- Effective time management skills, highly organized, able to set priorities and manage multiple projects
- Flexibility in working hours with the ability to work evenings based on event schedules
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and customer service focused
- Previous event planning experience and/or event planning certificate considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license and use of reliable personal vehicle
- Ability to speak French an asset
- Strong technical skills: familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, website & social media content management, and desktop design an asset
- University and college graduates who have graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university. Candidates must be graduates of post-secondary degree or diploma programs.
- The position must provide the intern with first time employment in their field of study.
- Candidates are only eligible to participate in the internship program one time.
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Send your resume by email to Charla Robinson, President: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include a cover letter describing your interest in event coordination and how, through this position, you see yourself contributing to the development of business connections for Members of the Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce.
- Deadline to apply: Friday, September 11, 2020
View News by Topic
The Government of Canada is taking targeted action to support Canadians and Canadian businesses, non-profits and charities that continue to face uncertainty and economic challenges because of the COVID-19 pandemic. The new rent subsidy supports businesses, charities...
Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy The Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy (CERS) provides a direct and easy-to-access rent and mortgage subsidy of up to 65% of eligible expenses to qualifying businesses, charities and non-profits. The subsidy rates are in effect until December...
Northern Chambers: ON Government’s centralized procurement model poses risk to Northern business participation
The Thunder Bay Chamber and our Chamber colleagues in Sudbury, Timmins, North Bay and Sault Ste Marie, are raising concerns around the Provincial Government’s recent announcement of a major initiative to consolidate and centralize procurement spending within the Ontario Public Service.
Tourism Thunder Bay and Thunder Bay CEDC are currently accepting applications for consideration for positions on the Tourism Investment Committee (TIC).