100 People Who Care Thunder Bayan aspect of the Chamber's Charity Connect program
100 People Who Care Thunder Bay is a fundraising group with a goal of raising $10,000 for a grassroots Thunder Bay charity/program every quarter.
How does it work?
- Every quarter, participants each chip in $100 to a funding pool.
- Participants nominate, discuss and vote for a single charity to receive the quarterly pool.
- Nominations and discussion take place in the TBay 100 People Facebook Group. You must be a registered participant to be part of the Group.
- Optional get-togethers every three months let you connect with other participants while we catch up with the last quarter’s charity, finalize voting and announce the next recipient.
- OR tune in via Facebook Live!
Get started now by filling out the registration form below, or click here for more details on the program.
Register Here as a Participant
More About the Program
- Nominations will open a week ahead of the meeting. You must have completed your e-transfer to make a nomination.
- Nominations will close two days before the meeting.
- Voting will open the day before the meeting. You’ll receive your voting link by email with a link to nominee information.
- Voting will close during the meeting, but you’re welcome to vote early online.
- Any participant may make their donation and then nominate a charity/program for consideration.
- 100% of funds collected will go towards costs of the program, no administrative fees.
- Group donations may be used by the winning charity for operational expenses, regular activities and special projects.
- Members who did not vote for the selected organization agree to make their donation regardless. Members can, of course, feel free to donate their money or time privately to the other charities if they wish.
- Members will receive a tax receipt directly from the charity.
- Charities under consideration must:
- be Members of the Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce
- serve the Thunder Bay area, and
- provide individual tax receipts directly to contributing members.
- A charity not selected at one meeting may be submitted again at a subsequent meeting.
- The recipient charity must agree not to give out participant information to any third parties except for tax purposes.
- The recipient charity agrees to send a representative to the following quarter’s event to report on outcomes of the donation.
Next Meeting:No events scheduled.
At our second quarterly funding round-up of 2020, the group voted to award our pooled funds to NorWest Community Health Centres’ Street Outreach Program, where they’ll help purchase a variety of supplies that will be distributed by the team from their outreach van.
Nominations are now open for the December (fourth quarter) funding round! Visit the TBay 100 People Who Care Facebook Group to participate in the discussion and make nominations until 5pm on Monday December 16.