The Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors are a dedicated team of professionals from various backgrounds who serve as liaisons with other Chamber Members to foster meaningful participation and connection-building among the Membership as a way of increasing Chamber Member retention and engagement.
- Foster engagement of new Members during their first 180 days of Membership
- Re-engage current Members
- Promote Chamber Member Businesses to one another and to the public
Participation in this Task Force is limited to Chamber Members in good standing.
Staff Liaison/ Task Force Chair:
Tanya Smyk, Membership Director
Meetings are held at the Chamber office 3 times per year. Download the Terms of Reference for the current year’s schedule.
Ambassadors commit to playing a highly visible role with other Chamber Members and the public, including:
- Attending all Task Force meetings
- Mentoring New Chamber Members each year through their first 180 days of Membership via monthly calls and visits (number of assigned new members will depend on number of Ambassadors participating)
- Volunteering at a minimum of 3 Chamber functions/tradeshows per year
- Calling and visiting other Members as an Ambassador to further Chamber outreach
- Supporting Chamber promotional efforts via social media and word-of-mouth networking
Together, we are the catalyst for a stronger business community.
To be recognized as Thunder Bay’s leading business organization, providing maximum opportunity to its members and advocating for business and community health, growth and economic prosperity.