Member Code of Conduct
The Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce has consistently supported fair and ethical business practices throughout its history.
As a corporate/individual member of the Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce, I/we recognize that membership is a privilege and membership brings with it the responsibility to assure that members also understand and fulfill the membership undertaking.
Accordingly, I/we shall undertake to:
- Conduct business and professional activities in a reputable manner so as to reflect honourably upon Thunder Bay’s business community.
- Respect the reputation, profile and status of the Chamber of Commerce and represent the Chamber accordingly.
- Understand, support and promote the Missions and Goals of the Chamber of Commerce.
- Provide honest, skilled and conscientious service to my/our customers.
- Where possible, participate in the functions and activities of the Chamber of Commerce and lend my/our business and professional expertise.
- Present true presentation in all advertising. Goods and services shall be advertised in accordance with all municipal, provincial and federal legislation.
- Conform to all laws established by municipal, provincial and federal governments for the control of said business, where applicable.
- Play a role in the promotion, development and enhancement of business growth and activities within Thunder Bay and the surrounding area.
I/we observe the spirit of The Code in all dealings and will conduct business in accordance with the Chamber By-Laws.
I/we also understand that failure to comply with the professional and personal obligations of the Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce, as outlined above, can result in the termination of my membership.