Member Code of Conduct
The Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce has consistently supported fair and ethical business practices throughout its history.
As a corporate/individual member of the Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce, I/we recognize that membership is a privilege and membership brings with it the responsibility to assure that members also understand and fulfill the membership undertaking.
Accordingly, I/we shall undertake to:
- Conduct business and professional activities in a reputable manner so as to reflect honourably upon Thunder Bay’s business community.
- Respect the reputation, profile and status of the Chamber of Commerce and represent the Chamber accordingly.
- Understand, support and promote the Missions and Goals of the Chamber of Commerce.
- Provide honest, skilled and conscientious service to my/our customers.
- Where possible, participate in the functions and activities of the Chamber of Commerce and lend my/our business and professional expertise.
- Present true presentation in all advertising. Goods and services shall be advertised in accordance with all municipal, provincial and federal legislation.
- Conform to all laws established by municipal, provincial and federal governments for the control of said business, where applicable.
- Play a role in the promotion, development and enhancement of business growth and activities within Thunder Bay and the surrounding area.
I/we observe the spirit of The Code in all dealings and will conduct business in accordance with the Chamber By-Laws.
I/we also understand that failure to comply with the professional and personal obligations of the Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce, as outlined above, can result in the termination of my membership.
Together, we are the catalyst for a stronger business community.
To be recognized as Thunder Bay’s leading business organization, providing maximum opportunity to its members and advocating for business and community health, growth and economic prosperity.