The Thunder Bay Chamber is proud to support Canada United, a movement that brings Canadians together to show their support for local businesses.
Local businesses are essential to our economy and communities. These businesses need our help, now more than ever. So, join and participate in the movement, buy local, and spread the word.
Watch and like to make an impact:
- Watch the Canada United videos online
- Like the posts @GoCanadaUnited
- Use #CanadaUnited on Twitter
Every time you do, RBC will contribute 5¢ to the Canada United Small Business Relief Fund.¹
Join us to buy local on August 28-30
Give local businesses your business today, or join us August 28, 29 and 30 for our nationwide Canada United Shopping Weekend. We’re encouraging the country to shop local and help kickstart our economy.
Spread the word
Share #CanadaUnited videos and pics, add a sticker or post messages of support on social media, and tell your friends to join you in this movement to help local businesses. Helping out doesn’t get much easier.
Visit GoCanadaUnited.ca or follow @GoCanadaUnited
Small business can download #CanadaUnited swag to help spread the word to their customers! Visit https://www.gocanadaunited.ca/smallbusinesskit to get started.
Information about the grant program
Canada United has established the Small Business Relief Fund in collaboration with the Ontario Chamber of Commerce and the support of other Chambers and partners to help small Canadian businesses with their recovery efforts as a result of COVID-19.²
If awarded, a relief grant can be used for any of the following activities:
- Purchasing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as masks, face shields, and latex gloves
- Renovating physical space to adhere to local, Provincial or Federal reopening guidelines
- Developing or improving e-commerce capabilities for your business
Successful applicants will receive a relief grant of up to $5,000. They intend to support local businesses of all kinds (from retailers to barbershops to farmers) from across the country.
The Canada United Small Business Relief Fund will grow over the next several weeks as views, likes and shares from Canadians (including yours) result in a 5¢ contribution from RBC.
Applications for the Canada United Small Business Relief Fund will be accepted starting on August, 31, 2020. Learn more about the eligibility criteria on the Ontario Chamber of Commerce website.
Canada United is a nationwide initiative created by RBC in collaboration with our Canada United partners.
- For each view or like in connection with the Canada United program or use of #CanadaUnited on Twitter, Royal Bank of Canada will contribute $0.05 up to a maximum contribution amount of $2 million from July 20, 2020 to August 31, 2020 toward the Canada United Small Business Relief Fund administered by the Ontario Chamber of Commerce in collaboration with the national Chamber network. The program may be amended or withdrawn at any time.
- To apply for a grant you must meet the minimum eligibility criteria, including but not limited to, the requirement that you must own and operate a small to medium size business registered or incorporated in Canada, with annual sales between $300,000 and $3 million and up to 75 employees and hold commercial generality liability insurance in the minimum amount of $2 million. Full eligibility criteria and grant application details will be available at https://occ.ca/canada-united-small-business-relief-fund/.