COVID-19Guidance and Resources for Business
Here’s What Your Chamber is Doing
- We’re continuing to assemble and streamline business-related information and resources as they become available. Get the latest information on the resources, programs and relief strategies being put into place by the federal, provincial and municipal governments below.
- We’re gathering information about the unique needs of our region’s businesses. In April 2020 we launched the first in a series of surveys which will collect essential data for ongoing advocacy efforts and the development of recovery programs tailored to Thunder Bay’s needs.
- We’re in ongoing discussions with our Federal, Provincial and municipal governments to explore measures which will reduce business risk and stimulate business recovery.
- We’ve got masks for our Members. Thanks to a generous donation from Nuclear Waste Management Organization, we’re able to supply small quantities of masks to businesses in need. Learn more.
- We’ve got Rapid Antigen Tests for Small and Medium Businesses. Learn more.
- We’re keeping you connected. Follow us on Facebook for updates on business resources and upbeat news about what Members are doing to help sustain our community during this difficult time.
Latest Updates from the Chamber:
Effective September 25, 2021, at 12:01 a.m., capacity limits will be increased in many of the indoor settings where proof of vaccination is required. Meeting and event spaces, such as banquet halls and conference/convention centres; sporting events; concerts, theatres and cinemas; racing venues...
Today the government released the regulations and guidance for businesses and organizations to support them in implementing proof of vaccination requirements, which take effect on September 22, 2021. Requiring proof of vaccination will help increase vaccination rates, protect individuals in...
Subscribe Here for Updates
More Chamber Updates
- Ontario Easing Capacity Limits in Select Settings Where Proof of Vaccination is Required September 24, 2021
- Ontario Guidance to Support Proof of Vaccination Policy September 14, 2021
- COVID-19 Worker Income Protection Benefit (WIPB) Extended to Dec 31, 2021 September 2, 2021
- Ontario to Require Proof of Vaccination in Select Settings September 1, 2021
- Proof of Vaccination Framework for Employers August 25, 2021
- Chamber Volunteers Support Vaccination Efforts August 16, 2021
- Extending the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy, Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy and Lockdown Support August 3, 2021
Resources for Business
- Innovation Canada’s Interactive Business Benefits Finder
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy
- Canada Recovery Hiring Program
- Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy
- Canada Emergency Business Account
- Access to Capital
- Regional Relief & Recovery Fund (FedNor) – applications closed
- Canada Recovery Benefit / Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit
- Canada Small Business Financing Program
Recovery & Growth Initiatives
- *NEW* Ontario Small Business COVID-19 Recovery Network
- NOHFC Northern Ontario Recovery Program
- Ontario Small Business Support Grant
- ShopHERE / Digital Main Street supports
- Property Tax & Energy Cost Rebates
- PPE Support Grant
- Regional Opportunities Investment Tax Credit
- Worker Income Protection Benefit (Paid Sick Days Reimbursement)
- deferral of the May 6th interim tax levy installment to July 8th
- waiving the water penalty for water bills due April 14, May 15 & June 15
- extending payment terms for accounts receivable invoices from 30 days to 90 days
- waiving business-related permit and license fees for 3 months and reducing sign permit fees by 25%.
- waiving all municipal fees, waiving certain zoning restrictions and expediting process for outdoor patios
- reducing interest penalty to 0.5% for tax payment defaults
- rent relief for commercial tenants in City owned buildings
Upcoming COVID19 Events for BusinessNo events scheduled.
Recent LIVE Recordings
Ensuring a Safe Return to the Workplace – Canadian Chamber of Commerce, September 2, 2021
Post-Budget Conversation w Federal Finance Minister Chrystia Freeland – Canadian Chamber of Commerce, April 21, 2021
The pandemic and the impact on working arrangements – Ontario Chamber of Commerce, March 18, 2021
Government support programs and tax planning strategies – Canadian Chamber of Commerce w Grant Thornton LLP, March 9, 2021
Visit the Canadian Business Resilience Network for info to contain the spread of COVID-19 and prevent a second wave.
- Thunder Bay District Health Unit: COVID-19 and Workplaces
- Thunder Bay District Health Unit: Mandatory Mask Directive
- Ministry of Labour: Using Masks in the Workplace
Useful Info from Workplace Safety & Prevention Services:
- Post Pandemic Resumption Checklist – Businesses Operating Through the Pandemic
- Post Pandemic Resumption Checklist – Businesses Returning to the Workplace after Working Remotely
- Post Pandemic Resumption Checklist – Businesses Returning after Shutdown of Operations
Visit the Canadian Business Resilience Network for tips to empower your workforce and continue business operations.
Visit the Canadian Business Resilience Network and position your business to help drive economic recovery when the crisis passes.
The Recovery Activation Program (RAP) is an immersive online workshop program that connects businesses with industry experts for guidance, mentorship and practical advice about process modernization and end-to-end digital transformation.
It is completely free for businesses and supports firms of any size across Ontario.
Local businesses are essential to our economy and communities. These businesses need our help, now more than ever. So, join and participate in the movement, buy local, and spread the word. Learn more about Canada United.