COVID-19Guidance and Resources for Business
Here’s What Your Chamber is Doing
- We’re continuing to assemble and streamline business-related information and resources as they become available. Get the latest information on the resources, programs and relief strategies being put into place by the federal, provincial and municipal governments below.
- We’re gathering information about the unique needs of our region’s businesses. In April 2020 we launched the first in a series of surveys which will collect essential data for ongoing advocacy efforts and the development of recovery programs tailored to Thunder Bay’s needs.
- We’re in ongoing discussions with our Federal, Provincial and municipal governments to explore measures which will reduce business risk and stimulate business recovery.
- We’ve got masks for our Members. Thanks to a generous donation from Nuclear Waste Management Organization, we’re able to supply small quantities of masks to businesses in need. Learn more.
- We’ve got Rapid Antigen Tests for Small and Medium Businesses. Learn more.
- We’re keeping you connected. Follow us on Facebook for updates on business resources and upbeat news about what Members are doing to help sustain our community during this difficult time.
Latest Updates from the Chamber:
The Thunder Bay District Health Unit (TBDHU) has provided a Wellness at Work update with information on the following topics: Stay home if you're ill Updated COVID-19 Guidance and Screening Tools Booster Doses of COVID-19 Vaccine Do people need a booster dose to be "fully vaccinated"? COVID-19...
The Government of Canada has introduced Bill C-2 in Parliament to implement the recently announced support measures. This bill would: Extend the Canada Recovery Hiring Program until May 7, 2022, for eligible employers with current revenue losses above 10% and increase the subsidy rate to 50%. The...
Subscribe Here for Updates
More Chamber Updates
- TBDHU wellness@work update: Stay home if you’re ill, booster shots, and more November 25, 2021
- Government of Canada introduces legislation to implement targeted COVID-19 support November 25, 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccine Bookings Now Open For All Children Aged Five to 11 November 23, 2021
- Updated TBDHU COVID-19 Guidance & Screening Tools November 12, 2021
- Letter to Ontario Government: Request for Further Business Supports October 22, 2021
- Ontario Releases Plan to Safely Reopen Ontario and Manage COVID-19 for the Long-Term October 22, 2021
- Federal Support Program Changes Announced October 21, 2021
Resources for Business
- Innovation Canada’s Interactive Business Benefits Finder
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy
- Canada Recovery Hiring Program
- Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy
- Canada Emergency Business Account
- Access to Capital
- Regional Relief & Recovery Fund (FedNor) – applications closed
- Canada Recovery Benefit / Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit
- Canada Small Business Financing Program
Recovery & Growth Initiatives
- *NEW* Ontario Small Business COVID-19 Recovery Network
- Ontario Tourism Recovery Program
- Ontario Small Business Support Grant – applications closed
- ShopHERE / Digital Main Street supports
- Property Tax & Energy Cost Rebates
- PPE Support Grant
- Regional Opportunities Investment Tax Credit
- Worker Income Protection Benefit (Paid Sick Days Reimbursement)
- deferral of the May 6th interim tax levy installment to July 8th
- waiving the water penalty for water bills due April 14, May 15 & June 15
- extending payment terms for accounts receivable invoices from 30 days to 90 days
- waiving business-related permit and license fees for 3 months and reducing sign permit fees by 25%.
- waiving all municipal fees, waiving certain zoning restrictions and expediting process for outdoor patios
- reducing interest penalty to 0.5% for tax payment defaults
- rent relief for commercial tenants in City owned buildings
Upcoming COVID19 Events for BusinessNo events scheduled.
Recent LIVE Recordings
Ensuring a Safe Return to the Workplace – Canadian Chamber of Commerce, September 2, 2021
Post-Budget Conversation w Federal Finance Minister Chrystia Freeland – Canadian Chamber of Commerce, April 21, 2021
The pandemic and the impact on working arrangements – Ontario Chamber of Commerce, March 18, 2021
Government support programs and tax planning strategies – Canadian Chamber of Commerce w Grant Thornton LLP, March 9, 2021
Visit the Canadian Business Resilience Network for info to contain the spread of COVID-19 and prevent a second wave.
- Thunder Bay District Health Unit: COVID-19 and Workplaces
- Thunder Bay District Health Unit: Mandatory Mask Directive
- Ministry of Labour: Using Masks in the Workplace
Useful Info from Workplace Safety & Prevention Services:
- Post Pandemic Resumption Checklist – Businesses Operating Through the Pandemic
- Post Pandemic Resumption Checklist – Businesses Returning to the Workplace after Working Remotely
- Post Pandemic Resumption Checklist – Businesses Returning after Shutdown of Operations
Visit the Canadian Business Resilience Network for tips to empower your workforce and continue business operations.
Visit the Canadian Business Resilience Network and position your business to help drive economic recovery when the crisis passes.
The Recovery Activation Program (RAP) is an immersive online workshop program that connects businesses with industry experts for guidance, mentorship and practical advice about process modernization and end-to-end digital transformation.
It is completely free for businesses and supports firms of any size across Ontario.
Local businesses are essential to our economy and communities. These businesses need our help, now more than ever. So, join and participate in the movement, buy local, and spread the word. Learn more about Canada United.