Good News of the MonthSeptember 2019
Check out the good news we collected about our Members during the month of September!
Subscribe to our weekly eNews here and enjoy the Good News segment once a month.
- at the end of August, Thunder Bay CEDC announced the launch of GOTOTHUNDERBAY.CA/HEALTH, the new health recruitment platform they will be using to target physicians and medical professionals in their recruiting.
- URide is expanding into BC! Congratulations! more..
- The Province of Ontario is providing $2.4 million in funding for training in forestry sector by partnering with employers and investing in publicly-funded access to skills training. more..
- The Chambers Plan has partnered with Teladoc Telemedicine and now offers all Chambers Plan Members 24/7 access to licensed doctors. more..
- Royden Potvin, Manager of Thunder Bay Ventures, retires on September 30. TBV has hired Martin Wyant to serve as Executive Director, effective August 26, 2019, Congratulations on your retirement, Royden! Welcome, Martin! more..
- Eat Local Pizza celebrated their 10th birthday on September 10 by making and delivering about 1,000 pizzas to the city’s feeding programs, including Shelter House, Grace Place, Evergreen: A United Neighbourhood, and the Dew Drop Inn. more..
- Bombardier Transportation has announced that they will be building 31 standard and five accessible cars for Metrolinx at the Thunder Bay plant. more..
- Oshki-Pimache-O-Win Education and Training Institute has graduated their first class of Practical Nursing students. more..
- The Kitchen Nook & The Finnish Bookstore has celebrated 65 years in business!
- Over 3,500 people attended the Wake the Giant Music Festival. more..
- The Northwestern Ontario Women’s Centre was selected by the 100 People Who Care group to receive their 3rd quarter funding. more..
- Mary Long-Irwin of Northern Ontario Angels was interviewed by Claudio Rojas, CEO of the National Angel Capital Organization (NACO) as part of a panel of experts at their inaugural Funding Founders event. She shared her insights on the differences in angel investing in Northern Ontario.
- The Chronicle Journal presented Bay Village Coffee and Sullivan + Associates with their inaugural Thunder Bay Entrepreneur of the Year award. more..
- Confederation College’s Alumni Awards recognized Chamber Members Melissa Hardy-Giles of ORIGIN and Thomas McDonald of Confederation College. more..
Filter News by Topic
Want to be featured in our Good News?
Submit Good News about your business’ activities to email@example.com and we’ll include it in our next update!
This feature is available to Chamber Members only.
Upcoming Chamber Events
Lunch & Learn: Staying “Cyberstrong” during COVID19
Webinar: Toni Gravelle, Deputy Governor, Bank of Canada
Webinar – Greater Sudbury Chamber of Commerce
*NEW DATE* 2020 Business Awards Gala
Valhalla Inn Hotel