Job Posting: Community Connection Intern
The Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce is seeking a Community Connection Intern for a one-year contract position, contingent on funding approval.
As the Chamber’s Community Connection Intern, you’ll serve as a bridge between the Chamber’s charitable and business Members, helping to connect potential partners and supporting community-focused advocacy work through outreach, event planning and the sharing of information.
In this position you’ll get to know Thunder Bay’s charitable organizations and understand their roles in the community. You’ll also have the opportunity to meet hundreds of members of Thunder Bay’s business community. Your challenge will be to help identify ways – both small and large-scale – that Chamber Members can work together for the betterment of Thunder Bay.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
1) Facilitate relationship development between charities and businesses by:
- conducting regular outreach to Member charities to collect information about their upcoming activities and requirements
- based on charity feedback, conducting targeted outreach to member business to increase awareness of opportunities to support charities and engage in community good works
- planning volunteer workshops in cooperation with Member charities
- managing the Chamber’s 100 People Who Care campaign
- in cooperation with the Communications Coordinator and Membership Director, sharing collected information with the Membership through the Chamber’s communications streams
2) Support community-focused advocacy work by:
- conducting research into community issues relevant to Member charities
- attending meetings of community organizations tackling social issues such as affordable housing, poverty alleviation, drug abuse and racism
- reporting back to the Communications Coordinator and President to feed into the Chamber’s municipal advocacy projects
3) Assist with Member engagement and empowerment initiatives.
- university and college graduates who have graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university. Candidates must be graduates of post-secondary degree or diploma programs
- the position must provide the candidate with first time employment in their field of study
- must have strong communication skills and solid organizational and problem-solving skills
- must have good social media skills and etiquette
- must have current driver’s licence and access to a vehicle
- it is expected that this position will be funded by Intern program funding; candidates must not have been within a previously funded Intern position.
- must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Send your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions about the position are welcomed.
- Include a cover letter describing your interest in community development and how, through this position, you see yourself contributing to the betterment of Thunder Bay.
- Deadline to apply: 4:30pm Friday, May 3, 2019.
Filter News by Topic
View News by Topic
Skilled Trades Dylan DeRosa, a former TBCDSB high school student explored a co-op placement with Aqua North Plumbing and Heating that has since grown into a full-time apprenticeship to become a skilled tradesperson. Chris Massaro, Aqua North Plumbing and Heating...
The Government of Canada has introduced Bill C-2 in Parliament to implement the recently announced support measures. This bill would: Extend the Canada Recovery Hiring Program until May 7, 2022, for eligible employers with current revenue losses above 10% and increase...
Following Health Canada’s approval of the paediatric Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, children aged five to 11 will be eligible to book their appointment to receive the vaccine beginning Tuesday, November 23, 2021. As of 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, November 23, 2021, children aged...