Northwest Employment Works (NEW)
submitted by Northwest Employment Works (NEW)
Northwest Employment Works is an Employment Ontario service provider with convenient locations in Marathon, Dryden and two in Thunder Bay (at Confederation College and the Whalen Building).
Northwest Employment Works offers a range of FREE resources, supports and services to respond to the career and employment needs of individuals, the skilled labour needs of employers, and can help individuals on a path to higher skill training and employment.
Our goal is to provide you with one stop access to employment programs and services through respectful, flexible, and personalized service.
If you are:
- Unemployed, under-employed or laid off
- Out of school and work and need help finding a job
- A new Canadian looking for assistance finding employment
- An employer looking for assistance in hiring new staff
- A student looking for a part-time or summer job
- Looking for information on training and education
We can help you!
For Job Seekers
Our Community Employment Resource Centres are open to anyone seeking employment and/or training. This self-serve, walk-in service provides FREE resources and information on:
- Current job posting by local employers
- Resume and cover letter development and revision assistance
- The local labour market
- Community resources and services
- Workshops on a variety of employment related topics
- Summer Job Program for students
- Upgrading and training opportunities including Apprenticeships, Second Career and Youth Job Link
- Referral services to programs we offer (where applicable) for further employment supports
- Access to computers with high speed internet, phone, fax and photocopier
- Request to meet with an Employment Advisor to determine eligibility for our one-on-one assisted services
Our experienced Job Development team is here to help you with a variety of FREE services, including:
- Recruitment supports
- Collection and pre-screening of applicants based on your specific needs and requirements
- Assisting with job fairs
- Arranging and assisting in the interview process
- Providing training to you and your staff on a number of different topics
- Training incentives to help offset the initial costs of hiring and training
- Referring qualified candidates who may be eligible for training supports and WSIB coverage
- Guiding/advising on labour market trends, employment standards, health & safety and more
- Our new, easy to use Job Bank to post employment opportunities quickly and find the employee(s) you need
Please note that all programs have eligibility requirements that must be met in order to qualify.
For our full list of services for Employers and Job Seekers as well as our Job Bank, Information and Referral Services, please contact us today!