Job Posting: Member Relations Assistant (Internship)
The Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce is hiring a Member Relations Assistant for a one-year internship. The Member Relations Assistant works collaboratively with key staff to organize administer and evaluate member recruitment, engagement and empowerment activities provided by the Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Assist with membership recruitment & retention activities, upgrades, and advertising sales
- Coordinate ‘Your Quarterly Training’ member orientation sessions
- Assist in the delivery of member events including After Business, Member Socials and Leaders Luncheons.
- Coordinate Ambassador Taskforce communication and activities including business visits and member drop-in opportunities
- Oversee Member to Member discount program
- Distribute member renewal billings and provide support for collections and cancellations as required
- Attend chamber special events and other external meetings as determined by the President
- Assist with member communications items as required including website updates and social media
- Coordinate Canadian Chamber Annual Meeting spousal tour programming, member discounts, and welcome giftbags
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experienced with cold calling to prospects
- Excellent organizational skills
- Focused and goal oriented
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite -Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook, WordPress
- Experience with video creation and video production software preferred
- Ability to speak French an asset
- Degree/Diploma or commensurate experience in Sales & Marketing, Business Administration, or related field
- Valid driver’s license and use of reliable personal vehicle
The ideal candidate will possess excellent organizational skills, be focused and goal oriented with strong communication & interpersonal skills. Experience in video creation is an asset. Candidate must be a university or college graduate who has graduated within the last 3 years from an accredited college/university from a post-secondary degree or diploma program. The position will be a first full-time employment in the candidate’s field of study.
Applications will be accepted until 4pm on Monday, July 23, 2018. Please email cover letter and resume to Charla Robinson, President, email@example.com Complete job description at www.tbchamber.ca
Filter News by Topic
View News by Topic
Ontario Extending Pause on Lifting Capacity Limits in Remaining Settings Where Proof of Vaccination is Required
TORONTO — The Ontario government, in consultation with the Chief Medical Officer of Health, is extending its pause on the lifting of capacity limits in remaining higher-risk settings where proof of vaccination is required while the province continues to monitor trends...
Skilled Trades Dylan DeRosa, a former TBCDSB high school student explored a co-op placement with Aqua North Plumbing and Heating that has since grown into a full-time apprenticeship to become a skilled tradesperson. Chris Massaro, Aqua North Plumbing and Heating...
The Government of Canada has introduced Bill C-2 in Parliament to implement the recently announced support measures. This bill would: Extend the Canada Recovery Hiring Program until May 7, 2022, for eligible employers with current revenue losses above 10% and increase...
Following Health Canada’s approval of the paediatric Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, children aged five to 11 will be eligible to book their appointment to receive the vaccine beginning Tuesday, November 23, 2021. As of 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, November 23, 2021, children aged...