Events & Engagement Intern
The Events & Engagement Coordinator is a one-year, full-time position that works closely with the Member Relations Director, Policy & Communications Cross-Pollinator, and Accounts Coordinator and is instrumental in the delivery of events and activities that create engagement opportunities for our Members.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Planning, logistics coordination, promotion and execution of events (virtual and in-person)
- Work with Communications Coordinator on event promotion, programs and signage
- Work with Accounts Administrator to manage event budgets
- Work with Member Relations Director to secure event sponsorships
- Maintain data management system
- Member records, registrations, billing and payments
- Implementation of communication touchpoints for new Members
- Facilitate relationship development between charities and businesses
- conducting regular outreach to Member charities to collect information about their upcoming activities and requirements
- conducting targeted outreach to member business to increase awareness of opportunities to support charities and engage in community good works
- Coordinating the Chamber’s 100 People Who Care campaign
- Other duties as required
- Effective time management skills, highly organized, able to set priorities and manage multiple projects
- Flexibility in working hours with the ability to work evenings based on event schedules
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and customer service focused
- Previous event planning experience and/or event planning certificate considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license and use of reliable personal vehicle
- Ability to speak French an asset
- Strong technical skills: familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, website & social media content management, and desktop design an asset
- University and college graduates who have graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university. Candidates must be graduates of post-secondary degree or diploma programs.
- The position must provide the intern with first time employment in their field of study.
- Candidates are only eligible to participate in the internship program one time.
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Send your resume by email to Charla Robinson, President: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include a cover letter describing your interest in event coordination and how, through this position, you see yourself contributing to the development of business connections for Members of the Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce.
- Deadline to apply: Friday, September 11, 2020
Filter News by Topic
View News by Topic
The Chamber is seeking candidates interested in serving as our representative on the Board of Directors of Thunder Bay International Airports Authority Inc.
2021 CCC Resolution: Improper Collection of Duties Negatively Impacts Canadian Retailers and Federal Tax Revenues
Canadian importers/exporters are often required to pay tariffs to gain access to International markets. In some situations, importers/exporters are able to seek relief from paid tariffs through the submission of a drawback claim to the Canada Border Services Agency or a remission approval from the Ministry of Finance. Unfortunately, the claims process is a time and resource drain to companies without the necessary expertise and/or administrative staff to manage the requirements…
WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT The Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce the winners for our 27th Annual Business Excellence Awards which were proudly presented by Bell on Wednesday June 16, 2021 @ Boomers Drive-in. CLEAN, GREEN & BEAUTIFUL Sponsored by:...
The Thunder Bay District Health Unit's Wellness at Work newsletter was released on June 16, 2021 This edition addresses the following topics: Step One Reopening Guidance Expanded Vaccine Opportunities Updated Travel Guidance Read the June 16th edition...