Events & Engagement Intern
The Events & Engagement Coordinator is a one-year, full-time position that works closely with the Member Relations Director, Policy & Communications Cross-Pollinator, and Accounts Coordinator and is instrumental in the delivery of events and activities that create engagement opportunities for our Members.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Planning, logistics coordination, promotion and execution of events (virtual and in-person)
- Work with Communications Coordinator on event promotion, programs and signage
- Work with Accounts Administrator to manage event budgets
- Work with Member Relations Director to secure event sponsorships
- Maintain data management system
- Member records, registrations, billing and payments
- Implementation of communication touchpoints for new Members
- Facilitate relationship development between charities and businesses
- conducting regular outreach to Member charities to collect information about their upcoming activities and requirements
- conducting targeted outreach to member business to increase awareness of opportunities to support charities and engage in community good works
- Coordinating the Chamber’s 100 People Who Care campaign
- Other duties as required
- Effective time management skills, highly organized, able to set priorities and manage multiple projects
- Flexibility in working hours with the ability to work evenings based on event schedules
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and customer service focused
- Previous event planning experience and/or event planning certificate considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license and use of reliable personal vehicle
- Ability to speak French an asset
- Strong technical skills: familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, website & social media content management, and desktop design an asset
- University and college graduates who have graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university. Candidates must be graduates of post-secondary degree or diploma programs.
- The position must provide the intern with first time employment in their field of study.
- Candidates are only eligible to participate in the internship program one time.
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Send your resume by email to Charla Robinson, President: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include a cover letter describing your interest in event coordination and how, through this position, you see yourself contributing to the development of business connections for Members of the Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce.
- Deadline to apply: Friday, September 11, 2020
Filter News by Topic
View News by Topic
Businesses have suffered greatly over the last 19 months and continue to face unprecedented cash flow constraints and uncertainty. Many have operated under reduced capacity for a significant amount of time and have had to hire additional staff to verify documents or to implement new staff for security purposes because of the COVID-19 vaccine certificate requirements. In addition, due to travel restrictions and the closure of the US-Canada border, tourism has been at an all-time low, further impacting these businesses.
The Ontario government has released A Plan to Safely Reopen Ontario and Manage COVID-19 for the Long-Term, which outlines the province’s gradual approach to lifting remaining public health and workplace safety measures by March 2022. The plan will be guided by the...
The Government of Canada is taking targeted action to create jobs and spur economic growth. This includes moving from the very broad-based support that was appropriate at the height of lockdowns to more targeted measures that will provide help where it is needed,...
In advance of October 22, the Ontario government is making the enhanced vaccine certificate with official QR code and the free, made-in Ontario verification app, Verify Ontario, available for download. . Together, these tools will make it easier, more secure and...