Events & Engagement Intern
The Events & Engagement Coordinator is a one-year, full-time position that works closely with the Member Relations Director, Policy & Communications Cross-Pollinator, and Accounts Coordinator and is instrumental in the delivery of events and activities that create engagement opportunities for our Members.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Planning, logistics coordination, promotion and execution of events (virtual and in-person)
- Work with Communications Coordinator on event promotion, programs and signage
- Work with Accounts Administrator to manage event budgets
- Work with Member Relations Director to secure event sponsorships
- Maintain data management system
- Member records, registrations, billing and payments
- Implementation of communication touchpoints for new Members
- Facilitate relationship development between charities and businesses
- conducting regular outreach to Member charities to collect information about their upcoming activities and requirements
- conducting targeted outreach to member business to increase awareness of opportunities to support charities and engage in community good works
- Coordinating the Chamber’s 100 People Who Care campaign
- Other duties as required
- Effective time management skills, highly organized, able to set priorities and manage multiple projects
- Flexibility in working hours with the ability to work evenings based on event schedules
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and customer service focused
- Previous event planning experience and/or event planning certificate considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license and use of reliable personal vehicle
- Ability to speak French an asset
- Strong technical skills: familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, website & social media content management, and desktop design an asset
- University and college graduates who have graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university. Candidates must be graduates of post-secondary degree or diploma programs.
- The position must provide the intern with first time employment in their field of study.
- Candidates are only eligible to participate in the internship program one time.
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Send your resume by email to Charla Robinson, President: email@example.com
- Include a cover letter describing your interest in event coordination and how, through this position, you see yourself contributing to the development of business connections for Members of the Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce.
- Deadline to apply: Friday, September 11, 2020
Filter News by Topic
View News by Topic
The Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA) for small businesses will be extended by one month to help eligible small businesses pay rent for September. All provinces and territories continue to participate in this initiative and collaborate with the...
Born and raised in Thunder Bay, I am honored to have been nominated to serve as a Director for the Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce. Having grown up in Thunder Bay, I am proud to see how the community has evolved over time and am excited for what the future can...
Having lived in Northwestern Ontario my entire life and considered Thunder Bay my home for the last 25 years, I am invested in making this community the best it can be. Through my various roles in the events industry, I have always strove to share the wonders offered...
As Lakehead University’s Vice-President of Research and Innovation, I believe that the university should work closely with Thunder Bay’s business community. I was born in Malaysia and moved to Canada when I was two years old. My wife and I moved to Thunder Bay in 2008...